Monday, February 16, 2009

Seeking Volatility is a GO

Ok, so I know I'm only 22, and I'm not sure what exactly sure what I'm trying to accomplish with this blog. All I can say is that hopefully I don't get bored with it and stop.

I'm going to try to make a promise to myself however though.... each day to visit these sites:
1) wall street journal
2) marketwatch
3) new york times
4) bloomberg

and summarize the front page articles from each day. I think this is a good practice and habit to get into to keep up with current events. That is where I feel I do most of my learning.

Also, most of my learning/interaction with people is through facebook and online forums. I do quite a bit of writing within online forums, so I have some posts I will share here on this site.

I've been getting quite involved in twitter, facebook, forums, and some other social networking sites.

I would like to organize my thoughts from all mediums on one page here.

Since I am getting ready to graduate and am maturing by the day, I think this is a good start to networking and seeking what exactly I want to do with my life.

The term "seeking volatility" is something I feel I live by in a lot of aspects of my life. It seems I am drawn to volatility in a lot of aspects of my life:
1) the stock market- this is obviously my favorite, and I would eventually like to turn this mainly into a finance "fun" blog. Dealing with options and trading equities I love this type of volatility
2) with life- I mean this in the most literal sense you can take it. One week I want to be in NYC, next week I want to be in Europe. One week I want to go into Investment Banking, one week I want to go into trading.
3) with friendships- One week I feel I have the best friends, the next week I feel like I need an entire new set of friends. It's frustrating and I blame myself. It's my own fault
4) With my thoughts on school. One week its awesome an I learn, the next week I can't wait to be out and its a stupid waste of time. At this point I am almost done and it is exciting.
5) Family- One week I want to spend as much time as possible with my family, the next week I want to be alone every second of the day. Right now I live with my parents and am not sure if I would have it any other way.

Point is, I could go on and on. And even though I'm not necessarily "seeking" this volatility, it keeps me going, keeps me motivated, and fuels my ambitions.

I hope I can get some followers on this blog through twitter or w/e

Any ideas... let me know!

Look forward to hearing from you,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment